PLAYBOOK - Cloud Services
The freedom to grow your business
is waiting in the Cloud
The Cloud is powerful and full of possibility… but not all journeys to those clouds are the same. To grant your business the best combination of agility, security and cost saving, you need to be able to choose confidently.
Freeing your business to move faster
For many organisations, the Cloud represents freedom. Migrating to the Cloud means escaping the legacy technology that’s holding them back while avoiding the need for new high-cost hardware in order to go forwards. It offers an agile and easily scalable solution that’s affordable, flexible, always up to date and doesn’t demand constant capital expenditure just to keep up. In many respects, it’s the freedom to grow.
Finding your way in a complicated landscape
The cloud services market has mushroomed in complexity and diversity in recent years and shows no sign of slowing down. There are issues around security, choices to be made about public or private cloud or a hybrid environment, critical questions to answer about the degree of support you’ll get or need, and whether your organisation’s own IT teams can rise to the challenges of compliance, resilience, strategy and more.
Bringing clarity to the Cloud, and making it fit
Capita IT and Networks are experts in unlocking the power of the Cloud. We bring our customers the clarity that helps them adopt it in the best way to grow and transform their organisations future proofing as they go.
Whether you are just embarking on your cloud journey or perhaps you are looking to revisit an existing approach, as one of the UK’s most experienced managed service providers we have an expanding range of solutions, expertise and trusted insight. We help our customers select, configure and deploy exactly the right cloud services for their organisation – with the freedom to make the cloud do precisely what you need it to do.
Start the conversation
Challenges and benefits
The business challenges, that on-premise solutions can struggle to answer
Increasingly, your front-line staff need secure access to sensitive information while on the move, in order to deliver the higher standards of service your organisation seeks. Can your existing on-premise solution supply that?
Can you continue to find the capital expenditure necessary to constantly update your IT hardware infrastructure? And if you can’t, what are the risks of living with technology that is always falling behind?
Can an entirely on-premise solution fulfil your ambitions for digital transformation or will it act as a barrier to the fast moving innovation you seek?
Can your IT teams shoulder the ever-growing list of responsibilities coming their way? For example, cyber security regulations now require security problems to be patched within 14 days. In the Cloud, that happens automatically.
Are you looking to create more flexibility, integration and automation within your back-office functions, but faced with a funding gap to do it? Or maybe you’re attempting to rationalise the hundreds of applications scattered across your organisation to reduce internal cost pressures and administrative overhead.
Can you access all your service data and documents from any location at any given time? And do it in a way where your out of office experience mirrors that of your in office experience?
The benefits you’ll see
Eight ways the cloud could boost your business
- Be open to innovation – as the Cloud and its applications develop and mature, you advance with them. There’s no vendor lock-in and you can move your data and applications when you need to, without the risk of a contractual penalty.
- Increased collaboration – cloud-based workflow and file sharing solutions help your teams share ideas more rapidly while always staying up to date with input and contributions from their colleagues.
- Flexibility – easily scale up your cloud capacity as your need for bandwidth increases in periods of flux. Then dial it down again when you no longer need it.
- Secure, remote working – when teams can securely share work anywhere, it means more time in the field, greater productivity, freed up office space and ultimately a better experience for end-user customers.
- Familiar Experience – using cloud-based identity and single sign-on, the familiar applications you know and love will still be there in the new cloud world, accessed as before, with no need to re-engineer your end user experience, except now you can allow that experience on across any device, anywhere using cloud user profiles.
- Disaster recovery – previously only feasible for the largest of businesses, the Cloud makes robust disaster recovery possible and affordable for a far wider range of organisations.
- Automatic software updates – time consuming updates, including vital ones for security, are now handled by your cloud supplier and happen automatically. One less task for your under-pressure IT department, allowing them to focus on more value-add activities.
- Drive down costs and reduce CAPEX – PAYG models means you only pay for what you use, scaling up when the workload demands it, and down again when it doesn’t. Capital expenditure is minimised as you no longer need to continually invest in expensive, on-premise IT infrastructure to fulfil your organisation’s ambitions.
How the Cloud can help drive down costs
- You can continue using your existing hardware, software and licensing for existing environments, whilst any new requirements can be built out in tandem in the cloud at a rate to suit your business needs This effectively removes the requirement for heavy CAPEX investment for new applications, instead adopting an OPEX charge as you consume service.
- By pooling resources on a single platform, total cost of ownership of IT infrastructure is reduced. With a PAYG model you only pay for what you use, when you use it.
- Applications are updated without expensive upgrades and there’s access to a wide range of SaaS applications, with subscription-based pricing, or you can bring your own applications with you via PaaS or SaaS.
- In PaaS and SaaS consumption models, the underlying infrastructure is patched routinely removing needless maintenance windows, resource overhead and risk.
- Low cost cloud services deliver secure, low latency cloud connectivity anytime, anywhere.
- Cloud services from industry leading energy-efficient data centres will support your organisation’s green initiatives.
- Centralised services ensure minimum administration, minimised application spread and correct licensing, meaning that you are only paying for what you need. • As your existing environments age, support costs often increase significantly, with a hybrid cloud you can migrate your existing applications onto a Cloud environment at a time to suit your business, ensuring evergreen support.
A smooth migration
When the time comes to move to the Cloud, we are here for you to make that migration as easy and trouble free as possible. We are highly skilled at cloud transition, as part of the end-to-end service we offer, so we can reduce the risk of your cloud journey and accelerate your Time to Value.
Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud
Maximum security, complete confidence, total control
Every organisation will make its own journey to the Cloud.
Some will be happy for their data to sit in the Public Cloud where, with the right precautions, it can be safe, though not completely free of the risk of compromise. For others, only the option of a protected and highly secure Private Cloud will suffice for their highly sensitive data.
A Private Cloud can be on premise, but it can also be at a secure data centre. Data centre solutions – from simple Co-location through to Managed Hosting - enable organisations to run business-critical infrastructure in a highly secure environment.
Private Cloud is also about control – complete control over where you host your mission critical data and applications, giving you peace of mind over the location and the sovereignty of your data, the life blood of the organisation.
We own and manage six secure UK data centres that not only deliver the best of Private Cloud, but also guarantee data sovereignty – vital for government and tightly regulated organisations, or for protectively marked information.
Whatever the journey is, we can deliver private cloud as a managed service in a wide range of different ways, tailored precisely to each customer’s needs including fully hosted options, extensions to your LAN and more.
Inexpensive, easily scalable, quick to deploy
Public Cloud resources are highly elastic. They can be scaled up and down, quickly and easily, whenever you need that extra/less bandwidth, and it can all be done relatively inexpensively.
Couple that with the multitude of enablement technologies available in the modern public cloud and you’ll see how a cloud infrastructure really can open the door to wider markets and new opportunities for growth.
Data security doesn’t need to be a deal-breaking issue either, with the right precautions, we can help you enjoy all the cost-effective benefits of the Public Cloud while staying more secure than you might expect with total data isolation, private networks for data segregation and managed firewalling.
Our industry-leading skills in design, configuration, migration, monitoring, security and connectivity, coupled with our vendor partnerships, can offer our customers secure and confident access to the Public Cloud based on leading hyperscale cloud provider offerings, combined with expert consultancy to maximise your benefits.
We can also support our customers with a portal for real-time usage assessment. This enables you to keep an even tighter grip on costs by instantly adjusting consumption of cloud resources as required.
All cloud services delivered by Capita IT and Networks meet stringent compliance requirements, and our vendor credentials ensure total visibility and control for our clients.
Cost-effective, versatile, built around your data
Combining Public Cloud services with your own Private Cloud or traditional on-prem data centre hosting can give many organisations the best of both worlds - rapid scalability and extra security. This hybrid of the two allows for a customised, cost-effective solution, and delivers an infrastructure that can easily flex to an organisation’s needs and the nature of its data. This aids in offboarding technical debt and allows more freedom for tighter budgets.
With storage tiering and network isolation, data can be protected wherever it resides, on the most cost-effective storage it requires, optimising storage and resources where they’re needed most.
Businesses can save money by allocating workloads to the most suitable environment, protecting sensitive data without paying unnecessarily to safeguard less critical information. Capita’s cloud experts specialise in helping clients do this in the most convenient and optimal way.
When seasonal demands or project workloads call for it (website promotions for Christmas, financial year end, data model processing, etc.), Capita’s Hybrid Cloud enables our clients to quickly expand their use of the public cloud element to cope with spikes in demand meaning the best return on your cloud investment. Rationalising your data centre estate this way can also help reduce your carbon footprint by removing dependence on your existing and costly on-premise hardware.
Organisations can decide just how much secure Private and Public Cloud they need and invest accordingly, making this a versatile and cost-efficient solution. The platform can be set up so the two clouds talk freely to each other while still ring fencing the elements that need to be kept completely secure.
Hybrid Cloud can also be a useful stepping stone on the way to a full Public cloud ecosystem, minimising risk, smoothing and supporting the migration process allowing organisations to make the move at their own pace.
How Capita can
guide you to the Cloud you need
Breadth of services
We are one of the most experienced Managed Services providers in the UK and offer a broad range of services – from consultancy, single sub-contract, all the way to a full outsource. We also provide one of the most comprehensive portfolios of managed services in the UK covering Service Desk, Service Management, Connectivity, Desktop and Infrastructure Services and Application Services.
Built for you
Taking a blanket approach to your hosting can burden your business with unnecessary costs. By tailoring solutions to fit the needs of your organisation and your data, we can help you avoid large overheads and heavy upfront investment.
We work in partnership with leading cloud technology providers, including Microsoft, AWS and Google, to bring the latest innovations and value to our customers.
Expertise and insight
As part of Capita plc, we have access to a huge range of technology and sector experts with a broad range of experience. The wide range of industries and sectors we work with also means we have many valuable case studies, insights and comparative experiences to learn from.
As trusted cloud advisors to clients across the UK and Ireland, we provide consultancy and project management services to help our clients improve efficiency and productivity. We deliver a tailored and professional service that focuses on achieving exactly the right cloud balance for our clients.
Our Network Operation Centres are constantly on hand to offer first, second and third line support for your desktop and server estate, so your environment is always in safe hands.
Find out how we can support your business
Start the conversation
or call us on 0117 311 5757 or