Our track record in telecoms
At Capita, we have a proven track record in creating better outcomes in the telecoms industry by delivering amazing experiences for your customers, by developing your people's potential, and by driving technical innovation and agility across your operations.
Managing one of the largest BPO contracts in Europe
mobilcom-debitel is the largest network-independent mobile communications provider in Germany. As a business procecss outsourcing (BPO) partner, we have taken over its entire customer service function, and we're managing 1,000 full time employees. We have:
- Reduced the average customer waiting time from 90 seconds to 50 seconds
- Automated non-voice tasks to process customer requests more quickly
- Developed a new app, integrating social platforms including Facebook and WhatsApp, to encourage customers to use digital channels to contact mobilcom-debitel
- Reduced cost and risk for mobilcom-debitel with a new commercial model based on fixed price per customer rather than per minute, with cost reduction contractually guaranteed.
Delivering cultural change to improve customer satisfaction
Through our Blue Sky business, we have helped BT to create a customer-centric culture in its customer experience team, which has had a direct impact on customer satisfaction and employee engagement scores. We have:
- Designed and delivered a bespoke training programme to 600 leaders and more than 7,000 frontline staff
- Delivered training that has resulted in a 36-point increase in interaction net promoter scores and a 22-point increase in relationship net promoter scores
- Increased employee engagement by 9 points
- Reduced complaints to OFCOM by 40%
- Helped BT to win customer service awards for the programme.
Reducing agents' workload through call centre innovation
We have worked in partnership with O2 to encourage customers to use digital service channels. This included creating a bespoke Visual IVR solution that allows customers to complete eight transactions, including unlatching their phone, paying a bill and changing their address, three minutes faster than they would using the standard contact centre process. We have:
- Dramatically reduced contact agents’ workload by ensuring that 99% of interactions didn’t require any further follow-up
- Reduced the average time taken to complete a transaction by 100 seconds compared to using Voice IVR
- Reduced payment processing to just 34 seconds
- 15% greater containment in Visual IVR than in traditional Voice IVR transactions.
Using behavioural analysis to drive the sales pipeline
We have helped a consumer broadband business in the UK to grow its market share by using data analytics to capture more leads and drive online revenues. We put behavioural analytics software on the company’s website to track customers and automatically identify potential leads.
- More than 1 million online leads were generated as a result
- Once buying signals are identified, the automated chat function engages the customer before handing them over to an agent
- ‘Drop off’ signals are tracked, and the chat function re-engages the customer.
Using speech analytics to improve the customer experience
We have worked with a major UK mobile operator to provide more data about and insight into its customers by using a speech analytics system in its call centre. The system records and transcribes customer calls in real time; the transcripts are then analysed for key words and trends. We have:
- Generated data that allows much deeper insight into customer feedback, allowing the company to target its customer support more effectively
- Created word heatmaps from real-time data, allowing any specific problems or issues to be identified quickly. This helps the company to understand why its customers are contacting it
- Used the data to gain insight into call centre staff’s training needs, and target and personalise coaching to provide an all-round improved experience.
Supporting front line engineering staff
Through our acquisition of Electranet, we have our own team of highly qualified field engineers who support a number of UK telcos.
The Electranet team have achieved top-level security accreditations, and their work has included:
- Vetting new recruits working on sensitive projects, ensuring that they receive a quick and easy induction
- Helping to deliver cabling infrastructure in high-level-security buildings and infrastructure
- Installing last-mile copper and fibre cabling and infrastructure to deliver high-speed connectivity to consumers across the UK.